Some Facts About Hair Loss:
- 40 million men and 21 million women experience hair loss in the United States alone.
- By the age of 50, approximately 75% of men have some type of baldness or hair loss.
- Nearly 60% of all men have the chance of inheriting the balding gene.
- 9 out of 10 balding men cite hair loss as their number one concern.
- 1 in 4 women suffer from hair loss, thinning hair or pattern baldness.
- Over 800,000 people seek hair restorations each year.
- The average scalp has about 100,000 hair follicles. Most people on average lose about 50 to 100 hairs a day. Once you begin to lose more than that it can become an issue.
These statistics show that hair loss affects millions. Though the causes vary, the physical changes that one experiences with hair loss can result in emotional and/or psychological suffering – from self-consciousness to immobilization to extreme depression. This change in our appearance not only affects our self-esteem, but also our quality of life. We can allow it to limit our physical activities and our social interactions.